Thursday 13 July 2017

BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH NOVELISATION

It's not a great horror film.  It's not a great comedy film.  I would be amazed if it is a great paperback (I've not actually read it... can you imagine the looks I would get on the bus?) but this was too bizarre to pass up: the official novelisation of Britain's BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH, the now (and then) obscure movie starring one of my heroes: Kenny Everett!

I've got a bootleg copy of the movie stashed away but it is a while since I've seen it.  I remember being - for the most part - underwhelmed when I did.  But, after finding this, it feels like one I should revisit again.  





2 comments:

  1. as obscure movies go , this one must rank high along with SIR HENRY AT RAWLINSON'S END.


    speaking of which, SIGHT & SOUND have just printed my letter in which I bemoan the lack of cult/obscure movies on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny Everett was totally unfunny and over-rated. I'll never forget or forgive his infamous appearance at the Tory youth rally during the 1983 general election. Is it a coincidence that his career went downhill after that ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...