Wednesday 19 November 2014

1985: FOOD FOR THOUGHT One-Shot (Band Aid)


With the Adel-lite BAND AID single generating a lot of buzz, a lot of sales and a bit of swearing from Sir Bob (On Monday morning, I inadvertently found myself sitting next to the team charged with hand-delivering copies - yup, apparently they don't just email them - to the various radio stations just ahead of the official release) - in a remarkable bit of good timing - I found a copy of FOOD FOR THOUGHT, the 1985 British charity slam-jam that raised money for the original BAND AID in the 50p boxes at the weekend. 

I've not had a chance to read it yet, but just look at the roll call of contributors.   

MARVEL UK really got behind this at the time with a number of plugs across the line.  This is the first copy I've ever seen... and the first time I've seen the cover in colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...